1.05.2009

diapers (not for the weak in stomach)

Last night we used the last of the disposables.

I spent the evening sewing velcro into the 4 cloth diapers I had previously sewn.

When I put on her new diaper this morning she loved it. A couple hours later she came to me and said 'poop'.

The dreaded word.

I went to go change it and it really wasn't that bad. It actually keeps a normal consistency in cloth as compared to disposables that turn it into that nasty stuff that sticks to everything. I just emptied it into the toilet (no swishing, no dunking) and put the diaper in the diaper pile. She had even wet in it and her clothes were still dry. I did not use a cover, just the 100% cotton 'pocket diaper'.

I put on her new diaper and she was so excited when she got another cloth one. She just kept saying, "nice". I don't blame her. I wouldn't want that plastic 'cloth' with super absorbing chemicals next to my *&@%!

I still have several containers of wipes, but I am going to make a few cloth ones and start using those. I heard they clean a LOT better than the disposable wipes. I'll save the disposable ones for when I really need them.

One day has not been bad. I think I can try it for another.

We'll see how Mom likes them when she comes to help watch the kids this weekend. I'm sure nothing could be worse than the old-style ones she had to use on most/all of us (when did they come out with disposables?)!

No comments: