We have been doing the egg challenge for 2 days now. Everything seems to be ok. There is no life-threatening reaction so far. He has only eaten about 1/2 tsp of egg (mostly yolk) so far between both days. The first day he did get two red bumps on his face, although I won't go so far as to say they were hives. Today his throat 'felt weird'. We are going to take it much slower than the dr told us to. Tomorrow he is supposed to have a lot of egg (basically the entire egg). I don't think his body is ready for it yet, so we are going to just slowly introduce the egg back in to his diet. The only time you eat a full egg at one time is when you're having boiled/scrambled/fried eggs or something like angel food cake. All the rest of the time, the 1-2 eggs are divided between all the servings of cookies, cake, or whatever you put it in. We just won't have him eat plain egg for a while. So, unless something changes drastically in the next little while, we will be allowing eggs in his diet on a very limited basis. phew!
We are having to slowly introduce eggs to Kate also, since she has never had them before. She seems to be doing just fine, too. That is definitely a relief. We are going to keep them out of Aimee's diet until she is 3yo, though, just to be safe.
I was looking through the cookbooks last night at all the different foods we can have now. I must say that I was really amazed and excited at the same time. It feels like we have a brand new chance at life now.
My camera lens should finally be coming tomorrow. Since the east coast was blanketed in snow for so long, we had to change who we ordered it through and it should be in Phx today. I'll post some samples as soon as I get them. Hopefully my skills (or lack thereof) won't disappoint me.
No comments:
Post a Comment