Aimee had her kindergarten shots last week, a whoppin' 4 of them! She had received some too early when she was a baby, so they had to be re-done. Within a few hours we started to deal with a fever...and it wasn't Aimee's--she never got one, even with all those shots! V had the fever. She ended up refusing all food and drink for 2 days. I was freaking out! We got her to eat a nibble here and a sip there, but not enough to keep her off an IV. She was down to one slightly wet diaper a day and I was ready to take her to the hospital.
She was so grumpy at me for wanting her to eat. I thought her grumpiness was so funny that I just had to have a picture of it. As soon as she saw the camera, she hid her face behind the table.
So I came around the corner to see her face and she starts swatting at the camera. (That's why her hand is blurry.) It was so cute and so sad to see her so hungry and still refuse to eat.
I started laughing at her reaction, so she became confused and wondered what I was laughing at.
After I showed her the pictures, she thought it was pretty silly.
I decided to give her one last chance and I looked all over her, to see
if there was anything else that might cause her to not eat or drink for 2
days. I found a huge canker sore on her bottom lip and 4 molars swollen
and red, ready to pop through the gums. No wonder she didn't want to
eat! I drugged her up with some Motrin and Orajel and within 30 minutes she had
eaten two full adult-sized servings of lasagna and drank 10 ounces of
water. Her belly stuck out at least 6 inches from her chest. You could
tell she had stuffed herself to the max! It was the cutest thing ever!
This picture is after her first serving of food, before she started on her second plate. You can already see how far her belly is starting to stick out. It only got better after that!
I am so glad that she is finally on the mend and back to her normal happy self!







No comments:
Post a Comment