7.14.2014

Jayke's end-of-year violin performance

This post was written almost 2 months ago. Oops! Finally got the videos uploaded so I could actually post this.

The end of the school year has passed. Wow! I cannot believe it is already gone. It really seems as though Ryan just started his D2 year (second year of dental school). I have no idea where this last year went!

As a little end-of-year bragging, Jayke's violin/viola class had a little informal presentation for the parents. I am so proud of Jayke for how much he has learned in such a short amount of time. He began on the violin a little over a year ago, not even knowing how to properly hold his violin. Thanks to a dear, sweet friend of mine, he was able to have 1-on-1 lessons for a few months last spring before life happened and we couldn't fit it into our schedule anymore. I was thrilled when his school started offering a violin class this spring semester and we could easily just fit his class right into our schedule.

I only have a couple songs recorded. Silly me, I just sat there so proud that the class actually sounded decent (and no cringing moments like I was expecting), that I completely forgot to record the beginning songs until I looked over and saw another parent recording it. Oops! Oh, well. Here are the few songs that I actually got.





At the end of the school year, Jayke's teacher told him that his 1/2 size violin was officially too small for him. He looked so huge playing that tiny little violin! (It is getting more and more obvious that he is just growing like a weed now! He out-eats everyone at every meal, his feet are bigger than mine, he sleeps for hours on end, and is almost as tall as me.) Thanks to another wonderful friend, we have a full-size violin waiting for us in August. What would I do without such amazing friends in my life!?

No comments: