Our heater actually came on
today. During the day. It is set to come on at 69F. Yesterday it did not get
over 55F outside. We can still play outdoors, we just have to wear pants and a
sweater when the sun is not out. When the sun is shining, shorts and a t-shirt
do just fine, still. We happened to check out the weather in Aurora last night. -9. Funny. Or maybe not so
funny, I don't know. We looked at the live cams, too. That's really not so
funny. I hope we get to stay in AZ for dental school. KY was having a winter
storm warning. We saw a video of Maine that had huge icicles hanging from
trees, power lines, houses, etc. They were huge. Thank goodness I never would
have even thought about going there for school. We have tons of clouds and rain
for the rest of the week. Our temps are in the mid-50's. Ooh, I think I might
freeze to death (hah)! No icy roads, no snow to scrape off sidewalks,
driveways, or cars. No snowplows to wait for. No huge number of car accidents,
drivers losing control of their cars, no stranded drivers (yes I'm talking
about everything that happened in N. AZ this
past weekend).
I was talking to Ryan last night about how it's really not that bad living here
in Mesa. Even
when it's the hottest outside (maybe 120's), we only have to change the
temperature 40F and we're just fine. Whereas, in other places where it actually
snows and gets pretty cold, the temperature needs to be changed 60-80F to be
comfortable, sometimes more where it gets really cold. Then he told me of
people he talked to when he was in mortgage collections that couldn't pay their
heating bill and their mortgage b/c it cost so much to heat their homes. AZ
really is nice, no matter what time of year it is, especially if you live in
the lower central portion where we live!
I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt today. I even went outside. Wanna come play
with me?
No comments:
Post a Comment