I decided that we are going to have more picnics around here, so I went out to buy lunchboxes. I thought they were too expensive, and didn't look that complicated, so I thought, 'Oh, I can just make some.' Ha. That was really funny. They are really worth every penny they charge for those stupid things! Maybe I should have been smart and actually got a pattern for them instead of just trying to eyeball everything. I have 2 almost done (meaning done enough- I don't know if I'll ever finish them) and I have 2-3 more to go. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if my sewing machine actually worked. The tension is all messed up, and the feed dogs don't work anymore. They definitely move, but no matter what I sew, I always have to pull it through. And the little turny wheel on the right gets stuck all the time, so I have to give it a spin each time I start sewing. So you can imagine what I look like when I sew. I'm pushing the pedal, getting only the groaning sound, trying to spin the wheel and pull my fabric through at the same time. Not funny. I'm ready to buy an industrial sewing machine. I think I just sew too much for the machine that I have.
But, the kids really loved their picnic today in the green grass out back all by themselves. Food just tastes better when it comes in disposable packages (even if mom did just divide it into serving size containers). And I loved the quiet moments while they were away. Until...I heard rocks hitting the glass back door. I ran over to see what it was and the kids come to me saying it is raining rocks. I can hear someone weed-eating and see huge clouds of dust over the back fence. I quickly set Aimee down and ran with a chair to the fence and start acting like those stupid crazy ladies that yell at everyone for no reason at all, except there WAS a good reason and I felt good yelling at him. I was protecting my babies while they were playing in the safety (or what should be) of our own back yard. The guy looked at me kinda funny and said 'I can't control it, you see, we are working here' So I yelled back, 'then turn the other direction, you are hitting my kids with rocks!' He turned off his weed-eater and left. Poor guy, he was just doing his job and was attacked by a psychotic woman over the fence. Boy, did it feel GOOD!
I guess I can consider myself a REAL mom now that I yell at people that I don't even know just to protect my kids. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment