6.24.2013

Absence makes the heart grow fonder....

Hi Everyone,  This is Ryan.  I decided to post on Heather's blog like she keeps bugging me to do.  I felt that maybe this is a great way to show her how much I love and appreciate her.  

Anyway, The past few weeks have been quite the experience.  I have been working really hard at studying for part one of my National Board Exams, and it has been quite stressful because there is so much information to cover in such a short amount of time.  Heather decided that she was going to take the kids, with her, up to her parents house for two weeks to give me more time to study, and make it a little easier to focus on the task at hand.  I thought this sounded great, and felt that it would help a lot, but BOY WAS I WRONG!  

I feel that having them gone has made me focus more on the fact that they ARE gone, and having to make sure everything is getting done around the house (dishes, laundry, cooking, etc...)   I am such a lucky guy to have a wife and family that are there for me, to make sure all the little things get done around the house.  

Heather is a wonderful wife, and an excellent mother.  I appreciate all the little things that she does on a daily basis that she never gets direct recognition for.  SHE IS AMAZING!  
Even though my school schedule is rather hectic, I try to help out as much as I can, with dishes here and laundry there, and occasional yard work, but since she and the kids have been gone this past week, I have realized how truly LITTLE I actually do to help in comparison to what actually gets done on a regular basis.  

I truly miss Heather and all the kiddos and I cannot wait for them to come home from Snowflake.  I miss being able to hug and kiss the kiddos, and especially Heather.  ;) 

I miss J's long winded discussions about his latest ideas.  

I miss E and his never ending quest to be a self sufficient hunter/gatherer with his homemade weapons.  

I miss K and her seemingly endless unconditional love for everyone, and all the ways she expresses it.  

I miss A and her expansive knowledge about everything that most 4 year olds have no clue about (my little genius), and her wonderful laugh that accompanies everything she says.  

I miss little V and her morning smiles and kisses, and her cute pinchable chubby cheeks.  I hope that someday she will actually laugh for me, but I know that day will come sooner or later.  

Most of all though I miss my wonderful eternal companion Heather.  I miss her smile.  I miss her warm embrace after I come home from a long day of studying.  I miss staying up late talking about nothing and everything at the same time.  I miss the fact that no matter how bad her day went, she is still smiling when I come home, and asks how MY day went and shows empathy when i have had a bad day too.  I try hard to ask her about her day, and give her the same level of support that she gives me, but I know she does a much better job than I probably do. 

In the past year, I have truly seen how much my family loves me and supports me in what I am doing, and I am grateful for all of them and everything they do to make my life WONDERFUL.  I look forward to spending an eternity with them, and can't wait till they come home from Snowflake so I can be with them again.  

My time spent studying for boards is but a small moment in the grand scheme of things, but it currently feels like an eternity.  I look forward to the day I can take my exam, and then give my family the attention that they deserve during our summer vacation.  I miss you guys.

No comments: